Toppan Printing Co.,Ltd. (Headquarters: Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, President: Hideharu Maro, hereinafter referred to as Toppan Printing) will hold the “2nd Quantum Computing EXPO” from October 27 (Wednesday) to 29 (Friday).[ Automne](Venue: Makuhari Messe) will be exhibited.
At the Toppan Printing booth (7-1), “Outline of Social Implementation of Quantum Technology” and “Four-Party Collaboration on Quantum Secure Cloud Technology” and “Quantum Resistance to Public Open Smart Cards” are promoted in collaboration with companies and research institutes. Introducing Toppan Printing’s efforts related to quantum computing, such as “joint development related to key cryptographic implementation”, “cooperation between the two companies to improve logistics operation efficiency” and “construction of ‘a new development of frame material.’
Background and overview
Quantum computing is a computer processing technology that uses quantum bits (*1) which have quantum mechanical phenomena, and has been developed for practical use since the principle was discovered in the 1980s. Conventional computer data processing was supported by semiconductor miniaturization and achieved high speed. However, the miniaturization-based method of improving processing capacity is reaching its limits, and expectations for next-generation computing using new principles are rising, so the development of quantum computing technology is accelerating all over the world. the world.
Toppan Printing has paid attention to the potential of quantum computing technology from the very beginning and is working on a wide range of applications in various fields such as developing new materials and streamlining business processes in collaboration with research institutes and companies. .
On the other hand, regarding quantum computing, there is a risk that the encryption used for the communication of highly confidential information such as electronic payment and electronic application of various personal information may be broken due to its misuse, and strengthening security will become a social challenge In the future, there will be a demand for cryptographic technology that will never be broken.
Through the development and manufacture of smart cards, Toppan Printing has developed smart card security technologies such as encryption technology, authentication technology and unauthorized access prevention technology. Using these findings, relief printing will support the application of quantum-resistant (*2) public-key cryptography to smart cards, support the expansion of the use of quantum-secure cloud technology, and the secure backup of highly confidential electronic information. realization of a safe and secure society in the era of quantum computing, such as the provision of data distribution services and solutions.
Toppan Printing uses quantum computing technology in various fields to create a sustainable society as a leading company that solves social problems around the world through “DX (digital transformation)” and “SX (sustainable transformation)”. We aim to improve the value of the company.
This time we will exhibit at “2nd Quantum Computing EXPO[Autumn]and introduce Toppan Printing’s quantum computing efforts.
Specific exhibition contents and main exhibition solutions
(1) An overview of the social implementation of quantum technology
Introducing how Toppan Printing views hardware, software, applications and social implementation areas related to quantum technology.
(2) Quadripartite Collaboration on Quantum Secure Cloud Technology
Toppan Printing, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (Chairman: Hideyuki Tokuda, hereinafter NICT), QunaSys Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Representative: Yang Tenji, hereafter QunaSys), ISARA Corporation (Headquarters: Ontario)・ Canada, CEO: Scott Totzke (hereafter referred to as ISARA) will introduce four-party collaboration efforts.
1. Formulate and propose a specific configuration and operating system for quantum secure cloud technology that is suitable for actual operation, taking into account key management and access rights management.
2. Identify requirements for the formulation and verification of quantum secure cloud technology use cases through four-party collaborative efforts.
(3) Quantum resistance to IC cards – Joint development on the implementation of public key cryptography
As part of an initiative in collaboration with ISARA, we are implementing quantum-resistant public key cryptography on smart cards and verifying access control and management technology via smart cards.
1. Development of a smart card program that realizes algorithms for digital signature generation and authentication in quantum-resistant public-key cryptography, and implemented it on smart cards and verified its functions.
2. Resistant to Quantum-Technical verification of digital authentication via smart card with public key cryptography
(4) Cooperation between the two companies to improve the efficiency of logistics operations
Using the results of quantum annealing research jointly promoted by Toppan Printing and Sigma-i Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo, Representatives: Masayuki Ozeki and Masamichi Kanyama), a startup from Tohoku University, to improve the efficiency of logistics operations We are conducting a demonstration experiment.
1. Toppan Cosmo Co.,Ltd. (Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Atsushi Hashimoto), a Toppan Printing Group company, works with the business efficiency and visualization system “MITATE®” to develop quantum computing technology. of the delivery plan optimization system using
2. Verification of effects such as reduction of delivery plan formulation time and improvement of accuracy by the delivery plan optimization system using quantum computing technology
(5) Construction of a new material development framework
Introducing hardware development direction promoted in collaboration with QunaSys.
1. Develop a cross-functional and extensible “material development data management system” to maximize the power of quantum and lay the foundation for material design and development.
2. Build a new business from Toppan Printing resources and QunaSys technology
・ Reference panel exhibition: exhibition of quantum cryptography communication systems
We will exhibit a life-size photograph of the quantum cryptography communication system provided by Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation.
About “2nd Quantum Computing EXPO[Automne]”
Name: 2nd Quantum Computing EXPO[Automne]
Duration: October 27 (Water) to October 29 (Gold) 2021
Opening hours: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Venue: Makuhari Mass
Organizer: RX Japan Co., Ltd.
Official website URL: https://www.qc-expo-at.jp/
“Erhoeht-X™” is a concept that Toppan Printing will support the digital innovation of society and businesses as a whole and promote the digital transformation of our business itself.
“Erhöhen” takes its name from the advanced printing technology “Erhöhen Toppan Method” at the time, which was the origin of our foundation, and the German word “Erhöhen”, which is the etymology, means ” improve”.
Toppan Printing will develop a hybrid DX business centered on the use of data by combining advanced digital technology and advanced operational know-how, as well as an evolution of printing technology cultivated so far and a sustainable future for the society.
It is the smallest unit of information in quantum computing, and is characterized by exhibiting complicated states such as “superposition” and “entanglement”.
*2 Quantum strong public key cryptography
Public key cryptography that cannot be decrypted even using quantum computing technology
* “MITATE” is a registered trademark of Lamplight Co., Ltd., a business partner of Toppan Cosmo.
* Product and service names mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
* The content of this press release is current as of the date of the announcement. A change without notice is possible.